Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Unemployed and overjoyed!

Wow it's been a long time since I last worked on this! I recently had some weird things happen that have left me temporarily without a job, so I've got a bit of time on my hands.

First order of business is to figure out where I'm at. Here I've got all the parts laid out. (Note the new computer!)


Nothing like a good ol' test fit to get your day started


Always painting


It's all coming back, it's coming back to me now. I've got to file down this putty...


Done, time to prime


After some spray painting, I thought that chroming the exhaust headers would be a nice, fun way to get back into the swing of things.


We'll be applying Chrome Bare Metal Foil


Partially completed


Here I'm cutting the foil, doesn't need to be too precise


Lift up the edge with the knife blade and position with tweezers


Gently use the tweezers to smooth out the foil


And here we have it








Tomorrow I'll probably be applying lots of carbon fiber decals.

Total: 81.5 h

No comments:

Post a Comment